Friday 23 August 2019

Session 5- Reflections.

Revamping our class site.

Well..... I just created more work for myself by revamping my class site. I don't know if it was a bright thing to do but I do like the new look and the ease of access to the site pages. 

Overcrowding is gone and it's feeling good. 

Now to add all of the links and we will be good to go. Now to reflect on todays session.


  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
The VISIBLE learning and importance of sharing with the community on all levels from whanau to a global audience resonated with me today.

  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
I felt today that I am learning to select and use my site more efficiently so that I am working smarter not harder. I liked looking at other sites as it gave me a sense of where I would like to go and how I could manage my workflow to better meet the needs of my learners.

Keeping my site visible and making sure that it is easily accessible to my learners and their whanau are so important.

Noho ora.



3 comments:

  1. Enjoyed looking at your site Koka. Lots of work has gone into it - looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see your new re-vamped class website! Your class site has been such a great working model for me. Being able to see a working model has been fantastic for me because I am able to reflect about what I would place on my class site if I had one. Thanks for constantly sharing your enthusiasm about Google sites and all that is the Google world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Ubby,
    I thought of the old saying - you gotta spend time to save time. Hopefully you will find that when you build your next year's site all this learning will shortcut a lot for you.
    great design! Love the taniwha - fabulous resource to tap into. Thanks for sharing that too.
    Mā te wā
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete