Friday 30 August 2019

Digital Technologies- Exploring computational thinking.



Tonui Collab- 

Exploring computational thinking.
What we can take back to the classroom.

The future of Tech- 
How are we supporting our children to get to the place they need to be in the future?




We have had a blast- Coding, algorithms- lots of new language and I am thinking this is the starting point for our learners- learning the language of digital technologies.

Exploring coding 






Must try Lightbot and Makeblock apps for ipad.

Cospaces for coding and AR.
Quiver for AR.

How can I apply this in the classroom?

Well, will definitely start with the 3 roles that we tried- programmer, tester and robot. Will be good to also show the kids the peanut butter and jelly sandwich challenge youtube clip. 






Fun day exploring computational thinking. 

Now just for giggles....
















Have a fab weekend whanau..... 

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Ubby,
    Great photos to help you remember all the cool tech we got to play with. I like to add links to my blog posts as they helps me remember and I don't have to search them each time. I look forward to hearing what you use in your class.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Ubby,
    there was just os much leanring today and the photos are a great way to get back to which bit was what. I look forward to hearing about the things you try with your learners too.
    Mā te wā
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete