Friday 9 August 2019

DFI- Session 3- CREATE


Wait for it......Bitmoji Image

The heART of the Matter: creativity in NZ schools.


  ** I must see this. 

Creativity in the classroom. In the hangout with Dorothy today, she talked about create- it made me think about HOW the children in my class create. 


What ways do we create? 

"Creativity focuses on the process of forming original ideas through exploration and discovery." Kohl 2008.

Achievement shift in classes where children are creating- Rebecca Jessen.

Ken Robinson- TED talks- why do schools kill creativity. 
Changing education paradigms. 

Sight, sound and motion- SISIMO.

 Not merely consumers but creators- A GOAL!






3 comments:

  1. I like how you include some of our professional learning in your blog posts - if I get stuck and can't find it within the agendas I'm going to come onto your blog!! I am very impressed with your google site and very envious of your up and coming trip to the Cook Islands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora, I love how the 'Not merely consumers but creators' resonated with you as a goal.
    Go you.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora, I can actually hear you talking, as I read your writing, love it! Raro will be amazing with the children under your wing... such a neat way to really hone in on Tuia 250.

    ReplyDelete